The church hosts family’s that are currently in transition for one week. We need volunteers to join our prayer team, take down team, meal leaders, overnight hosts, financiers and shoppers.
Volunteer Spaces Available: 89 / 100
Date(s) - 02/24/2019 - 03/01/2019
Mandarin SDA Church
3390 Kori Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32257
The following are all the specific areas of need for the coming rotation:
- Prayer team: Throughout the week for safety and wisdom to properly do a good service
- Take Down Team: Time commitment of about 1-2 hours on Sunday afternoon, July 1. Help return the guests’ rooms to classroom readiness.
- Meal Leaders: This volunteer opportunity can be solo or team-based. You would plan, purchase (gift cards are available to help subsidize costs upon request) and prepare a delicious and nutritious meal for our guests to be served at the church. Can be prepared at home or at the church – toaster ovens, microwave, Crock Pot and hot plate provided. Please contact myself or Jazmin Rivera if you would like to be a meal host for an evening.
- Overnight hosts: This is one of the easiest volunteer opportunities available during our host week. We need a minimum of two hosts per night, but can include an entire family, too. We have a dedicated, comfortable host room with air mattresses and a futon; you provide linens and the pleasure of your company for our guests. Lights out is early and your job is to sleep! Please let me know if you would like to volunteer for an overnight host shift.
- Financiers: We have many silent supporters and we are extremely thankful for each and every one of them. Each host week costs us between $300 and $500. This pays for breakfast and lunch groceries and supplies for the families through our week as well as miscellaneous other expenses (laundry of guest linens, etc.)
- Professional shoppers: You can also support the ministry by purchasing and delivering supplies to the day center and church ahead of our host week. Please email, call or text me for a list of needed items.
Mandarin SDA Church
Depends on Volunteer Opportunity
Liza Mae, email@example.com